Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC v22 & the Windows 10 Console

I received the email about the problems with ANSI and Win10 and I have a problem with it. I do not have a TCMD.ini file. I do have a 4start.cmd file from about 30 years ago. The contents are

@echo off
prompt `%@lower[%_disk]`:$g
path=%path%;c:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin;c:\bin;c:\epsilon\bin;c:\c700\bin;c:\ztw;d:\jlblink\bltools;c:\bat;d:\nethack;c:\Borland\Bcc55;
alias /r c:\4nt6\alias1.doc
set pathext=.exe;.btm;.bat;.cmd;.vbs;.js;.ws;.rex;.rexx;.pl;.rb;.py;.tcl;.pdf

set .pdf = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe"

rem set vcscfg=c:\bin\vcs.cfg
rem set bixprn=0
rem set bldir=d:\jlblink

Is that the equivalent of the missing TCMD.INI file?

I received the email about problems with ANSI and Win10 and I have a problem. I do not have a TCMD.INI file. I do have a 4start.cmd file from about 30 years ago. the

Is that the equivalent of the missing TCMD.INI file?
No ... not even close. I suspect you do have an ini file, albeit a default one, in a default place, created by TCC or TCMD. If you use the OPTION dialog and make a change, is the change in effect the next time you start TCC? The settings that you see in the OPTION dialog are kept in TCMD.INI (there's a "4NT" section in that file). Look for for the file with
Code:
FFIND /S c:\tcmd.ini

That doesn't sound like one that TCC v22 would be using. Is it the only one you found? In TCC v 22, give the command
Code:
ECHO %_ININAME

You are right again. I do not use the normal file structure. I run TakeCommand from a directory in root because I have been doing that since I started with 4DOS in 1987. And I only use TCC. The .Ini file is in ProgramData. Thanks.

ECHO %_ININAME should give the filename of the .INI file which TCC is using. Or open the OPTION dialog, and look at the title bar.