Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WAD TCC: (Sys) C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD17\tcc.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

I use TCC on both Windows 7 and Windows 2003 and I was excited to see the new release and installed the new version this morning on the Windows 7 machine and Windows 2003 VM. The 64-bit version on Windows 7 is working fine, but when I tried to launch the 32-bit version in Windows 2003, it doesn't like the EXE file:

TCC: (Sys) C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD17\tcc.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

So I'm still running version 16 there. I used the installer to "repair" the installation, but that didn't make a difference.

Looking at the website just now, Windows 2003 isn't listed as a supported version. Is simply the case that TCC is no longer compatible with Windows 2003?

That's not a really problem, but if it were the case, I wouldn't expect to see this error message but rather complaints about a missing function or something similar.

Rick

WAD - v17 has dropped support for XP and Windows 2003. (V16 will continue to be supported in those environments.)

There are (many) Windows API functions that TCC v17 is using that aren't supported in XP and 2003, but in this case error message is coming from the Windows loader, not TCC.

Okee doke. That's what I figured. I guess the loader is smart enough to see calls it doesn't support and just says the EXE isn't valid.

Thanks,

Rick

Perhaps the installer should do a check and not even install on unsupported operating systems.

Then what would it do on a dual-boot system - one where it's supported and the other where it's not?

Then what would it do on a dual-boot system - one where it's supported and the other where it's not?
You're supposed to install software under each operating system where it's being used. So if you have a dual boot system, you probably should have it installed in two locations. Sure, some programs are simple enough not to require this, and some programs where it will mostly work "ok" if you attempt it, but it's rarely supported nowadays.