Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC/LE version?

Aug
The "All Downloads" page here says TCC/LE, 32- and 64-bit versions, are now version 14.0 build 2 as of today:
(next text copied and pasted from All Downloads table)
TCC/LE 14.0 Build 2 2015-08-10
TCC/LE x64 14.0 Build 2 2015-08-10

But when I downloaded and installed the x64 version, it says it's still version 13.0 build 77.

What's up? Sande

tcc le x64 v. 14.03: installer still shows version 13, but installs in v14 dir.

tcc le 86 v14.03: installer shows v14, but tries to install in v13 dir. After changing dir name to v14, installer hangs first time around. Second time it runs through with a long wait somewhere.

After starting tcc le 14 I get a UAC message mentioning Take Command x64 18.0, which then seems to run some batch because btm extension is associated with this.

Slightly irritating.

All this still on Win 7.1

tcc le x64 v. 14.03: installer still shows version 13, but installs in v14 dir.

I have no idea what you mean by "installer still shows version 13" - shows it where?

tcc le 86 v14.03: installer shows v14, but tries to install in v13 dir. After changing dir name to v14, installer hangs first time around. Second time it runs through with a long wait somewhere.

The default install directory is chosen by Windows Installer, based on your previous installs. I have no control over that unless I force an overwrite of all previous installs of TCC/LE.

After starting tcc le 14 I get a UAC message mentioning Take Command x64 18.0, which then seems to run some batch because btm extension is associated with this.

Windows Installer behavior (and not BTM, it would be BAT or CMD).

Please move TCC/LE discussions to the TCC/LE forum.

> I have no idea what you mean by "installer still shows version 13" - shows it where?

The messages during the installation process, at least in 2 places AFAIR

> The default install directory is chosen by Windows Installer, based on your previous installs.

Each major version got automatically installed its own directory with matching name, until now, and so it was with V14.04 x64, which went to "TCCLE14x64."

The 32-bit version, however, tried to install into the (automatically named by V13) version 13 directory "TCCLE13" instead of "TCCLE14"

> Please move TCC/LE discussions to the TCC/LE forum

Okay. Next time :-)

Rex,

I downloaded the files from your site and simply started tcclex64.exe and, after that finished, tccle.exe. Note that I have a german Win7.1 version.

The installer's first Window starts with "Willkommen beim Setup Assistenten von TCC/LE 13.0" and tells me "Der Setup Assistent ermöglicht Ihnen die Änderung von TCC/LE 13.0 ... ", Windows title is TCC/LE 13.0 Setup. Next page starts with "Ändern der Installation von TCC/LE 13.0" and so on. CFF Explorer tells me it is file version 14.03, and that is what is installed, too.

With the 32-bit version I just described what happened. And yes, that was the current 14.03 too.