Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC/LE v9 - Focus bounces back to Desktop

Jan
When I click on my Desktop icon to launch TCC/LE, or when I launch it from the DOS prompt, focus switches back to the Desktop immediately after the program launches. Is there a fix for this?

When I click on my Desktop icon to launch TCC/LE, or when I launch it from the DOS prompt, focus switches back to the Desktop immediately after the program launches. Is there a fix for this?

Not here. Do you have anything funky in your TCStart.btm file?

Not here. Do you have anything funky in your TCStart.btm file?
No, nothing. Well, actually, I had no TCStart file at all. But I just created one that includes a command to force focus back to TCC.EXE, so the problem is solved -- without knowing what the source of the problem was. Strange that you can't reproduce it. It doesn't happen here with any other program, batch file, etc. (WinXP Pro SP3)

Anyway, thanks for your reply. At least now I have a workaround. TCStart! Who knew? Hmm, I guess I'd better start reading the docs....

Anyway, thanks for your reply. At least now I have a workaround. TCStart! Who knew? Hmm, I guess I'd better start reading the docs....

I was guessing that you had a forgotten ACTIVATE in there. Obviously not. Glad you have a workaround, anyway....

TCC doesn't "expect" to be on any particular drive or directory, does it? I have it in a subdir of F:\ -- I don't suppose that matters?

I was guessing that you had a forgotten ACTIVATE in there.
No, but that's an interesting command. The program I'm using to recapture focus, by the way, is GoXy.exe, which is kind of a combination of ACTIVATE and KEYSTACK. GoXy has an option to focus on itself (GoXy "{self}"), which what I'm using in TCStart.BTM.