Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC LE cmd window does not disappear on exit in Win7

Apr
I've recently switched to Windows 7 64bit and I am seeing a strange problem with TCCLE not exiting correctly.

After using the program for some time (say a few hours), and type 'exit' to quit, the process would exit, but the window would stuck on the desktop.

I don't see tcc.exe in task manager, so I think the process ended, but somehow the window stayed beyond, and I can't find anyway to get rid of it other than reboot or log out.

This is a brand new install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with SP1:

Code:
TCC LE  12.10.61   Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
TCC LE Build 61   Windows 7 Build 7601  Service Pack 1
Has anyone else seen this problem? Before this I was using XP-64bit and this never happens. I am not sure if this is a TCCLE bug or a Win7 bug, and the best theory I have is perhaps some programs I launched from TCCLE (say editors, etc, that are still running) is causing some confusion in Windows? Or tccle is not cleaning up something properly?

Really bizarre and annoying. ;)

Edit: just now I closed my 2nd TCCLE window via the X on the top right of the window (to see if it makes any difference close via 'exit' vs mouse), again the window does not disappear and tcc.exe is no longer running. I can minimize/restore this orphaned window fine.

I've recently switched to Windows 7 64bit and I am seeing a strange problem with TCCLE not exiting correctly.

After using the program for some time (say a few hours), and type 'exit' to quit, the process would exit, but the window would stuck on the desktop.

I don't see tcc.exe in task manager, so I think the process ended, but somehow the window stayed beyond, and I can't find anyway to get rid of it other than reboot or log out.

This cannot be a TCC/LE issue. The console window is controled by the Windows console manager (conhost.exe); you should redirect the question to Microsoft.

You could also run Process Explorer to see just who (if anybody) is still running in the console window.

You could also run Process Explorer to see just who (if anybody) is still running in the console window.

Thanks for the tip. I ran process explorer, and I saw 3 conhost.exe processes, launched by csress.exe (as parent node in pe). I have 3 orphaned cmd windows. There are no sub processes in conhost.exe. (is this what you were looking for? ie, if there's a subprocess, it would show up...)

Thanks.