Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC/LE attrib +/- C?

May
In TCC/LE, according to the documentation it seems that attrib -c is supported, whereas I get an error.
If it is only for the full TCC, it might be useful to specify so.

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Not supported in TCC/LE.
Yes, this is what I meant.
You might want to change the quick help in the command and the manual.
In quick help, it says
Code:
[F:\Program Files\JPSoft\TakeCommand\13\LightEdition]attrib /?
Change or view file and subdirectory attributes.

ATTRIB [/A:[[-][+]rhsdaecjlotvx] /D /E /I"text" /O:[-]adegnrstu /P /Q /Sn] [+|-[AHIORSTVX]] file ...
        /A:(ttribute select)    /P(ause)
        /D(irectories)          /Q(uiet)
        /E (No error messages)  /S(ubdirectories)
        /I (match descriptions)
        Attribute flags:
                +A, -A  Set or clear archive attribute
                +H, -H  Set or clear hidden attribute
                +R, -R  Set or clear read-only attribute
                +S, -S  Set or clear system attribute
                +O, -O  Set or clear offline attribute
                +T, -T  Set or clear temporary attribute
                +I, -I  Set or clear not content indexed attribute
                +C, -C  Set or clear compressed attribute

[F:\Program Files\JPSoft\TakeCommand\13\LightEdition]
So, You might want to remove the last line that says "+C, -C Set or clear compressed attribute".
Also, there is the first line that says, among other things "+|-[AHIORSTVX]".
There are two new attributes, for Windows 8, V and X.
I have not Windows 8 so I cannot test if they work with TCC/LE. If not, You might want to remove the letters V and X from this part.
Also, in the manual, when it says "-C +C compressed", You might want to specify "(Not available in TCC/LE.)".

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

So, You might want to remove the last line that says "+C, -C Set or clear compressed attribute".

Cannot be done without creating an entirely new set of resource dll's for TCC/LE (which will never happen).

The quick help will always (for every command) display the TCC usage, not TCC/LE. If you want the real TCC/LE help, use the help file.

Cannot be done without creating an entirely new set of resource dll's for TCC/LE (which will never happen).

The quick help will always (for every command) display the TCC usage, not TCC/LE. If you want the real TCC/LE help, use the help file.
No flame intended, it is simply that I like things in the "cleanest" way possible.
Right now there are already some differences.
If I type "attrib /?" in TCC/LE I get
"ATTRIB [/A:[[-][+]rhsdaecjlotvx] /D /E /I"text" /O:[-]adegnrstu /P /Q /Sn] [+|-[AHIORSTVX]] file ..."
whereas if I type "attrib /?" in TCC 14.02.44 I get
"ATTRIB [/A:[[-][+]rhsdaecjlot] /D /E /I"text" /L /N[ej] /O:[-]adegnrstu /P /Q /Sn] [+|-[AHIORST]] file ...",
with other following lines that are the same.
So, in TCC/LE it specifies V and X, that are missing in the full TCC.
And viceversa in the full TCC it specifies /L and /N[ej]. They are missing in the following lines that describe parameters, as it is missing the description of /O:, both in TCC/LE and in the full TCC.

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti