Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC Command Windows - can you mark them with "Always on Top"?

Jun
Hi

Running TCC 11.00.44

Those command windows - can I mark them with "Always on Top"?
It is not there on properties.

I have Excel open + 2 TCC Windows and what I would like is both TCC Windows to remain "above" Excel so I can view and edit the spreadsheet without having to constantly activate the TCC Windows so they are on top.

I have just noticed the WINDOW command.
But TOPMOST is only for TABS
Hrrmmm, I wonder if I can Attach the TCC session to TC, do TOPMOST and then detach and inherit the TOPMOST attribute :)

Or probably better still, use ACTIVATE TOPMOST on the other Window for the 2 sessions (a bit like James Bond feeding Sub coordinates in "The Spy that loved me" to other Sub)?

Thanks

Stephen Howe

| ---Quote (Originally by Stephen Howe)---
| I have Excel open + 2 TCC Windows and what I would like is both TCC
| Windows to remain "above" Excel so I can view and edit the
| spreadsheet without having to constantly activate the TCC Windows so
| they are on top. ---End Quote---
| Have you tried turning on focus-follows-mouse (aka "active window
| tracking" or "X-mouse")?
|
| http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc957204.aspx
| http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785199%28WS.10%29.aspx

If I understand Stephen's request that would be the exact opposite of what
he needs: for the TCC windows to be covering parts of the Excel windows,
while that one is edited with data derived from the visible TCC windows.
--
Steve

If I understand Stephen's request that would be the exact opposite of what he needs: for the TCC windows to be covering parts of the Excel windows, while that one is edited with data derived from the visible TCC windows.

I thought he wanted the TCC window on top of the Excel window and to be able to edit the Excel data. If so, he can do that if he turns on focus-follows-mouse. After turning it on, he can click the TCC window title bar, then move the mouse into the Excel window. The TCC window remains on top, but the Excel window has the focus. Just don't turn on the registry bit that makes Windows bring the focused window to the top.

Using the keyboard is no problem with the focused, not-on-top window, but some mouse actions may bring the window to the top (it depends on the app). And some apps decide that if a window has the focus, then it should be on top. E.g., Photoshop can be hard to use with focus-follows-mouse.

If you have XP, you can use TweakUI to turn on focus-follows-mouse. In Vista/7, there is an "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse" check box in Control Panel > Ease of Access Center > Make the Mouse Easier to Use, but it turns on the bit to bring the focused window to the top, which is not what we want. So, you have to go into the registry to do it.

http://www.jan-olof-lindqvist.se/wi...e-focus-on-window-without-raising-the-window/