Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC can't start app if @shfolder[42] used for path

Jun
If I try to start an app by typing a full path using @shfolder[42], TCC just sits there using all the CPU. E.g., "%@shfolder[42]\FileZilla FTP Client\filezilla.exe", "%@shfolder[42]\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe", "%@shfolder[42]\Microsoft Office\Office12\WinWord.exe", "%@shfolder[42]\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe". Ctrl-C won't stop it. I have to close the TCC window.

I'm having this problem on two systems:

TCC 14.02.43 Windows Vista [Version 6.0.6002]
Vista 32 bit

TCC 14.02.43 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
Windows 7 64 bit

My real problem is that I have aliases that use @shfolder[42] so that they will work on both Vista 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit. But, I see the same problem just typing the command on the command line.

The apps start normally if I use "C:\Program Files" (on 32 bit) or "C:\Program Files (x86)" (on 64 bit) instead of "%@shfolder[42]". And, the aliases were definitely working until recently.

It's the same here. That is "%@shfolder[42]\..." just leaves TCC using all of one processor. On the other hand, "START /PGM "%@shfolder[42]\..." works OK.