Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC and Cmder imcompatibility issue

I also tried CMDBatch=Yes, which according to the docs should make TCC run all .BAT and .CMD files in a CMD.EXE shell. But there are no errors when using CMD directly, only with TCC, even with this setting.

Can we have a summary of the issue? Digging though a long discussion is not something I'd would do witout clear idea of what I'm expecting to find.

I DL'd cmder 1.3.6.678. Aside from a missing SETLOCAL message (?) the only error I get from init.bat (gist of it shown in the code below) is fixed by the CMDVariables option.
Code:
g:\cmder> set a-b=foo

g:\cmder> echo %a-b
-b

g:\cmder> echo %a-b%
-b

g:\cmder> option //CMDVariables=Yes

g:\cmder> echo %a-b
foo

g:\cmder> echo %a-b%
foo

Can we have a summary of the issue? Digging though a long discussion is not something I'd would do witout clear idea of what I'm expecting to find.

The issue is essentially in the first post, the other posts are pretty much just questions either clarifying the issue or asking if something fixes it. It's only really long because of the enormous copy/paste error logs I posted.

I'm new to this whole cmd replacement and am currently trying to really just get TCC to display more "Cmder-like" in Cmder/ConEmu, (e.g. the color scheme, cmd prompt, etc.). I wish TCC worked with Clink, as I think that's where the colors in Cmder come from.

I'm new to this whole cmd replacement and am currently trying to really just get TCC to display more "Cmder-like" in Cmder/ConEmu, (e.g. the color scheme, cmd prompt, etc.). I wish TCC worked with Clink, as I think that's where the colors in Cmder come from.
Hi Yen,

I use ConEmu literally every day and I have it default to TCC as the command shell, with Cygwin bash as the next "go-to" shell. ConEmu integrates perfectly with FAR, the dual-panel File Archiver. It presents a two-pane file manager for tag, copy, move, delete, edit, view operations. Plus, it also has support for TCC file descriptions on actions like copy, move, deleting groups of tagged files.

If you have not tried it yet, choose "Settings > General > Choose color scheme". I use it mainly for editing the color scheme of the FAR Manager. What seems to be on your wish list?