Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[TC 17.x] Install with "option /u" failed

Jan
Hi,

I tried two times (restore an image between) to install the update v17.00.61 within TCMD window (v17.00.59) with "option /u" - without success.

This was the message:

install-error tc.JPG

Which means: "Error: Updateinstallation failed" & "Some updates could not be properly installed." (don't know the exact english text, it's "self-translated") ...

Then I have downloaded manually the install-file and the update (with Revo Uninstaller Pro) was no problem.

HTH & regards,

Alpengreis

PS: Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit (swiss-german)

I just updated to build 61 and got an error message stating that the update had failed. However, build 61 came up and seems to be running fine.

Thank you, Jay, for confirming.

The question is (for me): is really all ok or it seems that way?

And that leaves a bad feeling ...

I had no problems.
This has been going on for years, through several versions of TCMD. In the past, it would happen to me often and to nearly no one else. This time I've been lucky. I've been through all 60 builds of v17 with only one installer glitch. It has always been that way ... a few have a problem and most don't. In the past, I've hounded Rex about it and he always blamed the "flaky" Windows installer. I am a (reluctant) convert to that point of view.

I did not see any error message while updating to build 62.