Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Taskbar Windows 10

Sep
With Windows 10, when you open an application the taskbar shows the open item in the same position. With TC, the Icon to open stays in the same position and new item is displayed on the taskbar

Attachments

• hom01109.png
    hom01109.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 281
I had that happen in an earlier version of Windows 10.

The problem went away with the current version of Windows 10 that I am running.

Joe
Code:
     _x64: 1
   _admin: 1
_elevated: 1

TCC  25.00.20 x64   Windows 10 [Version 10.0.18362.356]
OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
OS Version:                10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362

I have the same Windows version as Joe C. I did not have TCC pinned to the task bar. I went to TCC's directory, right-clicked on TCC.EXE and chose "Pin to taskbar". It works as you (gmorris59) seem to want; i.e., the icon is not duplicated. Did you try re-creating the pinned taskbar icon?

Try also ... unpin it. Run TCC from the EXE. Right click the taskbar icon and choose "Pin to taskbar". What version is your Windows? It's easy to find discussions of this (and numerous proposed solutions). Google for "taskbar pinned duplicate icons".

I'm quite certain that Vince's suggestion of removing the existing pinned icon and creating a new one will work because I've had to do that periodically down the years on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. It seems that, even on 'in version' updates, whatever it is that Windows uses to identify an application changes and thus the updated version is seen as a different application from the older one that is pinned.