Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TakeCommand exits after launching TortoiseHg Workbench

Aug
This is going to sound weird, but that's only because it is weird. Since upgrading to TakeCommand 17.x, I've found a strange behavior: TakeCommand exits after launching TortoiseHg Workbench. I'm just running the following command:

"C:\Program Files\TortoiseHg\thgw.exe"
When I do that, TakeCommand exits immediately, and apparently without even executing the TcExit.btm command as the command does not appear in my history (which I save from that file). I'm using the latest version of TakeComamand (TCC 17.00.71 x64 Windows 8.1 [Version 6.3.9600]) and the latest 64-bit version of TortoiseHg. Thanks for any help!

Not reproducible here. Does TortoiseHG start successfully?

TCMD (actually TCC.EXE) is unlikely to be directly involved; all it does is pass the name of the executable to the Windows CreateProcess API. It's more likely to be a third-party app injecting a dll, or possibly a plugin. Try starting TCC without any plugins, aliases, and TCMD.INI and see if it behaves the same.

Yes, TortoiseHG does start successfully. I'm a little puzzled, though, insofar as I presently have version 16.x of TakeCommand installed, and it doesn't exhibit this behavior, whereas TakeCommand 17.x does. I'm not sure how to start TCC as you suggest, without any plugins. I know how to get rid of my aliases and such, but I don't think I even have plugins installed. I'll see if I can figure that out.

Ok, I don't even have a plugins folder under "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD17x64", so I don't believe I have any plugins loaded. I removed my TCStart.btm and TCExit.btm commands and have verified that I have no aliases defined. The problem still occurs with all that. However, when I rename my TCMD.INI file in the %LOCALAPPDATA% folder, the problem goes away. I'm attaching the file to this post; can you perhaps advise me what's the source of the trouble?

Attachments

• TCMD.INI
    2.2 KB · Views: 258
I was able to reproduce it with your TCMD.INI. A little experimentation showed what the problem was (and it wasn't what you thought).

First, TCMD is not exiting -- TortoiseHG is moving, resizing and hiding the TCMD window. TCMD and TCC are still running; you just can't get to them. If you run Task Manager, you can see the processes are still running.

Second, TortoiseHG is only doing this if you have the TCC (not TCMD) WindowState=Custom option set in your TCMD.INI. If you're running TCMD, you don't need this option -- it only affects stand-alone TCC windows. The (hidden) TCC console window was being set to a fairly large size (1280 x 720) and for some inexplicable reason TortoiseHG was taking umbrage and deciding to rid itself of the TCMD window.

If you want to know why, you'll need to talk to the TortoiseHG developers. If you just want it to work, set WindowsState=Normal.