Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Take Command v10 beta build 40 uploaded

I've uploaded build 40 to the ftp beta area:

ftp://jpsoft.com/beta/tcmd.exe

This build includes a fix for an uncommon problem with restoring some TCMD window settings, an addition to BDEBUGGER to search for files with missing extensions, a fix for plugins that reset the console control handler, and some help file updates.

Rats. I got an error message box:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application."

followed by the same AVG error I described for an earlier build. AVG reports a problem in file C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD10\TakeCmd.dll, but doesn't give any offset or any other clue.

AVG does not give me a way to ignore the error and execute the file at all so I'm reverting to build 39. If I can figure out a way to report this to AVG, I will. (I have the free edition, and not entitled to support. They should, however, accept a problem description from anyone, IMO.)

I've uploaded build 40 to the ftp beta area:

This build includes a fix for an uncommon problem with restoring some TCMD window settings ....

I have reformatted a scratch machine and installed Vista on it; installed (but did not run) the current release Take Command; installed beta build 40. I'm not able to recreate the earlier issue. Build 40 saves and restores all the sub-window positions and settings as expected.

Rats. I got an error message box:

AVG does not give me a way to ignore the error and execute the file at all so I'm reverting to build 39. If I can figure out a way to report this to AVG, I will. (I have the free edition, and not entitled to support. They should, however, accept a problem description from anyone, IMO.)

It was late and I was tired when I wrote that.

Today I found how to report it to AVG and I did. When I get a response, I will post it here. I also found out how to tell AVG to ignore the error and let me run it, so I've done that, too.