Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Take Command / TCMD/LE / TCC/LE 13.0.21 Uploaded

rconn

Administrator
May
Staff member
I've uploaded 13.0.21 to the web and ftp sites.

Build 13.0.21
--------------
TCMD - Fixed a (very rare) problem with a delay in shutting down TCMD and/or TCC tabs.

TCMD - Fixed a (rare) problem with the Find edit field on the toolbar crashing when badly-behaved third-party apps try to hook it and/or the MessageBox API.

BEEP - If you changed the default error beep to a system sound, BEEP will now use that sound if you don't specify a frequency and duration.

UNTAR - Fixed a problem with wildcards in the tar name (only uncompressing the first .tar file).

UNZIP - Fixed a problem with wildcards in the zip name (only unzipping the first .zip file).

Help file updates.

BEEP is not fixed here in the build 21 I DL'd for testing. How do I upgrade? The file in the FTP beta dir hasn't changed. I just uninstalled b21 and DL'd one from the www site .. installed it ... BEEP still does nothing.

I've uploaded 13.0.21 to the web and ftp sites.

Build 13.0.21
--------------
TCMD - Fixed a (very rare) problem with a delay in shutting down TCMD and/or TCC tabs.

TCMD - Fixed a (rare) problem with the Find edit field on the toolbar crashing when badly-behaved third-party apps try to hook it and/or the MessageBox API.

BEEP - If you changed the default error beep to a system sound, BEEP will now use that sound if you don't specify a frequency and duration.

UNTAR - Fixed a problem with wildcards in the tar name (only uncompressing the first .tar file).

UNZIP - Fixed a problem with wildcards in the zip name (only unzipping the first .zip file).

Help file updates.

"TCmd ver 13 does not close" (see other thread) still exists in rel 21 :-(

Tried various installs - 32bit, beta build with no conclusive consistent results

Will live with it until I have time to investigate fully
:-( :-(

Regarding my "unable to close" issue:

When I installed the beta 21 (32 bit) it worked OK on second install - first install would not run at all.
When I installed the "official" 21 build the same problem appeared.
As I indicated before the results are not always consistent for the same (apparent) setup, in the negative sense of f it works OK it will not necessarily work OK next time for same configuration. If if it doesn't work OK it will continue to do so.
Bottom line - I am now consistently unable to close TCmd.
When I have time I will try to pinpoint conditions, or will send you any info you need in the mean time.

BTW - is there any way to force a shutdown flow that I can call before doing a taskkill if necessary?

Thanks

> When I installed the beta 21 (32 bit) it worked OK on second install -
> first install would not run at all.
> When I installed the "official" 21 build the same problem appeared.

Since nobody else seems to be having this problem, there may be a
third-party app on your system involved. (That is injecting code into Take
Command and/or TCC, and preventing the shutdown.)

Are you running any plugins? Any apps that like to inject dll's into other
apps, particularly screen managers, though some antivirus apps do it as
well. (And, of course, a variety of viruses & Trojans.)

When you click on the close button, TCMD saves its state to the registry &
TCMD.INI; if something is blocking or delaying those writes TCMD could
appear to "hang". After you've clicked on the Close button, can you do
anything else in TCMD? (If so, then the close was blocked; if not then the
close was accepted but something is preventing TCMD from finishing its
shutdown.)