Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Take Command 23 duplicates output

Jan
Hi,

a few days ago I noticed something very strange: Take Command 23.00.29 x64 suddenly started to duplicate output (in chunks). So for example the (shortened) output of Laravel's artisan tool looks like

Code:
[F:\xampp\htdocs\__tools\MyToolset]php artisan
Laravel Framework Laravel Framework 5.6.355.6.35

Usage:Usage:
  command [options] [arguments]  command [options] [arguments]

Options:Options:
  -h, --help-h, --help            Display this help message            Display this help message
  -q, --quiet-q, --quiet           Do not output any message           Do not output any message
  -V, --version-V, --version         Display this application version         Display this application version
      --ansi    --ansi            Force ANSI output            Force ANSI output
      --no-ansi    --no-ansi         Disable ANSI output         Disable ANSI output
  -n, --no-interaction-n, --no-interaction  Do not ask any interactive question  Do not ask any interactive question
      --env[=ENV]    --env[=ENV]       The environment the command should run under       The environment the command should run under
  -v|vv|vvv, --verbose-v|vv|vvv, --verbose  Increase the verbosity of messages: 1 for normal output, 2 for more verbose output and 3 for debug
  Increase the verbosity of messages: 1 for normal output, 2 for more verbose output and 3 for debug

Available commands:Available commands:
  clear-compiledclear-compiled              Remove the compiled class file              Remove the compiled class file
  downdown                        Put the application into maintenance mode                        Put the application into maintenance mode
  env                         Display the current framework environment                         Display the current framework environment
  helphelp                        Displays help for a command                        Displays help for a command
  inspireinspire                     Display an inspiring quote                     Display an inspiring quote
  listlist                        Lists commands                        Lists commands
  migratemigrate                     Run the database migrations                     Run the database migrations
  presetpreset                      Swap the front-end scaffolding for the application                      Swap the front-end scaffolding for
the application
  serveserve                       Serve the application on the PHP development server                       Serve the application on the PHP
development server
  tinkertinker                      Interact with your application                      Interact with your application
  up                          Bring the application out of maintenance mode                          Bring the application out of maintenance
mode
app
  app:nameapp:name                    Set the application namespace                    Set the application namespace
authauth
  auth:clear-resetsauth:clear-resets           Flush expired password reset tokens           Flush expired password reset tokens
cachecache
  cache:clearcache:clear                 Flush the application cache                 Flush the application cache
  cache:forgetcache:forget                Remove an item from the cache                Remove an item from the cache
  cache:tablecache:table                 Create a migration for the cache database table                 Create a migration for the cache data
base table
configconfig
  config:cacheconfig:cache                Create a cache file for faster configuration loading                Create a cache file for faster c
onfiguration loading
  config:clearconfig:clear                Remove the configuration cache file                Remove the configuration cache file
db
  db:seeddb:seed                     Seed the database with records                     Seed the database with records
eventevent
  event:generateevent:generate              Generate the missing events and listeners based on registration              Generate the missing
events and listeners based on registration

instead of

Code:
F:\xampp\htdocs\__tools\MyToolset>php artisan
Laravel Framework 5.6.35

Usage:
  command [options] [arguments]

Options:
  -h, --help            Display this help message
  -q, --quiet           Do not output any message
  -V, --version         Display this application version
      --ansi            Force ANSI output
      --no-ansi         Disable ANSI output
  -n, --no-interaction  Do not ask any interactive question
      --env[=ENV]       The environment the command should run under
  -v|vv|vvv, --verbose  Increase the verbosity of messages: 1 for normal output, 2 for more verbose output and 3 for debug

Available commands:
  clear-compiled              Remove the compiled class file
  down                        Put the application into maintenance mode
  env                         Display the current framework environment
  help                        Displays help for a command
  inspire                     Display an inspiring quote
  list                        Lists commands
  migrate                     Run the database migrations
  preset                      Swap the front-end scaffolding for the application
  serve                       Serve the application on the PHP development server
  tinker                      Interact with your application
  up                          Bring the application out of maintenance mode
app
  app:name                    Set the application namespace
auth
  auth:clear-resets           Flush expired password reset tokens
cache
  cache:clear                 Flush the application cache
  cache:forget                Remove an item from the cache
  cache:table                 Create a migration for the cache database table
config
  config:cache                Create a cache file for faster configuration loading
  config:clear                Remove the configuration cache file
db
  db:seed                     Seed the database with records
event
  event:generate              Generate the missing events and listeners based on registration

Same for gulp output; sometimes all output is duplicated, including the path shown in the prompt, directory listings, whatever, but sometimes not (artisan and gulp output seems to be duplicated in every case).

In the tabs opened by default, there's a CMD tab (I normally use TCC tabs). In my recent tests, this always started with a duplicated message and prompt like this:

Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.285]Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.285]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

F:\xampp\htdocs\__kunden>F:\xampp\htdocs\__kunden>

After that, it could work normally (apart from the prompt) or not.

The Windows 10 Command Prompt and the PowerShell worked fine every time, and so did Take Command 22, which is installed, too, but not started when I use Take Command 23 and vice versa.

Not too long ago I upgraded to version 1803 of Windows 10 (I was offered the upgrade in August and had to postpone it for a while since it didn't work out of the box) and also updated quite a few programs. But since all other shells work just fine, the chance that it is related to that is not very big.

I already tried to reinstall Take Command, but without deinstalling it first. It wouldn't let me install an older version (Take Command 23.00.17 x64) over the current one, so I couldn't test that. I don't have much time just now, so I hadn't the opportunity to try more than the most basic things, and losing parts of the configuration is not what I'd want.

Could anyone think of a reason for such a behavior? I can't completely rule out some misconfiguration on my side, although I didn't find anything strange, and I don't know what to look for.

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers,
Jan

Last edited: