Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Take Command 14 release fails

May
Similar to build 14.0.20, the new release yields an error box with
". , The Scintilla DLL could not be loaded."

After releasing the error window, Take Command does load.

Still not reproducible here (I've tried this on 7 systems so far). Does this happen on every startup? Does it fix itself if you do a repair?

Anybody else able to reproduce this?

So far it's occurred every time I start TCMD.EXE, but does not happen with TCC.exe.

Oh, and I forgot to say in the original post: Windows XP SP3

Still not reproducible here (I've tried this on 7 systems so far). Does this happen on every startup? Does it fix itself if you do a repair?

Anybody else able to reproduce this?
This time no problem, last time a reinstall solved the problem

So far it's occurred every time I start TCMD.EXE, but does not happen with TCC.exe.

Oh, and I forgot to say in the original post: Windows XP SP3

It would only happen with TCMD and IDE; TCC doesn't use scilexer.dll.

The strange thing is that the message is coming from the Windows loader, not TCMD, and it should cause TCMD to fail to load at all (scilexer.dll is a required dll). Scintilla is used for the command input window in TCMD -- can you access that window? Can you access the IDE (ide.exe or BDEBUGGER) at all? Is scilexer.dll in your installation directory?

It would only happen with TCMD and IDE; TCC doesn't use scilexer.dll.

The strange thing is that the message is coming from the Windows loader, not TCMD, and it should cause TCMD to fail to load at all (scilexer.dll is a required dll). Scintilla is used for the command input window in TCMD -- can you access that window? Can you access the IDE (ide.exe or BDEBUGGER) at all? Is scilexer.dll in your installation directory?

I never use the command input window, and I have it hidden. I made it visible, and, sure enough, I cannot use it.
Yup, SCILEXER.DLL is not in my TC directory.

I will now reinstall and choose the repair option, as Stephen Worthington did, and report back as to whether the problem disappears.

(5 minutes later)

I reinstalled 14.0.25 and scilexer.dll is now present, and the error has disappeared.