Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Suggested minor improvements for www.jpsoft.com

May
The suugestions below would make the download information easier to comprehend at a glance, and minor technical clarifications about old version.

http://jpsoft.com/all-downloads/downloads.html
Add a line in the table (instead of a separate paragraph) for PLUGINS.

Enumerate the plugins in a table, with columns for the 32b and 64b versions, and a column for description. Note that some of the authors who provide both 32b and 64b versions require a separately downloaded files for each version, while others include both versions in a single downloadable file.
Additional useful columns: compatible TCC versions; plugin date, version, size, validation data; authors' download URL.

http://jpsoft.com/all-downloads/previous-versions.html
In the title, change "4NT" to "its predecessors" - thus formally include 4DOS and the old TCMD32.
Add a comment for Take Command 7.02 and 8.02 that they are the GUI version of the corresponding 4NT, not predecessors of the current tabbed interface TCMD.
Indicate that 4DOS alone on the page is freeware.

The suugestions below would make the download information easier to comprehend at a glance, and minor technical clarifications about old version.

Add a line in the table (instead of a separate paragraph) for PLUGINS.

But that wouldn't be a download link, that would be a link to another page.

Enumerate the plugins in a table, with columns for the 32b and 64b versions, and a column for description. Note that some of the authors who provide both 32b and 64b versions require a separately downloaded files for each version, while others include both versions in a single downloadable file.
Additional useful columns: compatible TCC versions; plugin date, version, size, validation data; authors' download URL.

Impossible, because the authors never notify me when they make any changes. (I'm more inclined to simply delete the Plugins download page.)

In the title, change "4NT" to "its predecessors" - thus formally include 4DOS and the old TCMD32.
Add a comment for Take Command 7.02 and 8.02 that they are the GUI version of the corresponding 4NT, not predecessors of the current tabbed interface TCMD.
Indicate that 4DOS alone on the page is freeware.

First, nobody has downloaded 4DOS in the last year, so that's irrelevant.

I think that anybody planning to download Take Command v7 or v8 (which amounts to exactly 3 users in the last year) knows what it is.

I do not understand your title change. People looking for 4NT are not going to understand "Take Command and its predecessors". (And in fact, 4NT is definitely not a Take Command predecessor; it's a TCC predecessor.)

The "Download FREE 30-Day Trial" link on the main page downloads the 32-bit version. I prefer the link take me to the downloads page which would allow me to select the version I want.

-Scott

But that wouldn't be a download link, that would be a link to another page.
So is "Previous versions of Take Command and 4NT"

Impossible, because the authors never notify me when they make any changes. (I'm more inclined to simply delete the Plugins download page.)
The "impossible" applies to the details of plugins, not to the enumeration. BTW, what's the difference btw. the EVERYTHING plugin and the EVERYTHING that's part of the TCMD distribution?

First, nobody has downloaded 4DOS in the last year, so that's irrelevant.
OK.

I think that anybody planning to download Take Command v7 or v8 (which amounts to exactly 3 users in the last year) knows what it is.
I would not be sure they did, they may think it is an earlier version of the tabbed interface.But why would anyone other than the owner of such an old version which had become corrupted wish to download it (who would indeed know what it is)?

I do not understand your title change. People looking for 4NT are not going to understand "Take Command and its predecessors". (And in fact, 4NT is definitely not a Take Command predecessor; it's a TCC predecessor.)
OK.

The "impossible" applies to the details of plugins, not to the enumeration. BTW, what's the difference btw. the EVERYTHING plugin and the EVERYTHING that's part of the TCMD distribution?

You asked for:

But I don't know any of that information. All I can do is mention the existence of a plugin (provided the author has told me even that much).

I don't know what's in the EVERYTHING plugin (or, for that matter, in any other plugin). Contact the author if you need more information.

Obviously, in the absence of the data you cannot post the information in the "additional columns" part of my suggestion, though displaying the columns and leaving the cells blank (or with a question mark "?") may be an incentive to the authors to provide that information. In fact, you could make it requirement in the future that the authors provide the information if they want their plugins listed.