Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sudden "registration expired" notice

Mar
Hello, can you help? My TCC ceased to work suddenly, it just throws an error "License is expired"
and entering license code again does nothing.

Thank you in advance!

Juhani Suhonen

Attachments

• tcc license error.png
    tcc license error.png
    215 KB · Views: 244
Exact same thing happened to me, in fact at approximately the same time (~15:00 Eastern Time). Hmmmm.

I tried
  1. getting a "Computer Bound Key" - no joy.
  2. uninstalling w/Revo, advanced and reinstalling - no joy.
  3. entering the "Computer Bound Key" while disconnected from the network - no joy.
In each case, after entering the credentials I was immediatelt taken back to the "TC22 Trial Expired!" popup.

Help!!!!!

The trial expiration message appeared this afternoon; it is coming from a third-party dll. I have an emergency call in to the developers to find out what happened and how to fix it.
... and could you at the same time answer my question about moving a license from one computer to another. I need the offline process for both (I can get to the computer bound key generation site).

+1. Which DLL, and what happens if I ACL it to deny execute to Everyone? Will tcc.exe degrade gracefully or just fail?

The trial expiration message appeared this afternoon; it is coming from a third-party dll. I have an emergency call in to the developers to find out what happened and how to fix it.
I'm completely locked out of software that I paid for, because of a third party dll????????? This has to be the most insane thing I've ever heard. Seriously. WTF.

I thought it was the license dll, but it turned out to be something worse - the Symantec code signing certificate is failing to authenticate (as of mid-afternoon today). I have a patched v22 uploaded already; v21 will be coming shortly. I don't know yet if the problem is on Symantec's end or Microsoft's.

well color me stupid, it failed like everyone else, but after trying to reinstall, etc, panic set in. so i removed v21 purchased v22, installed v22 and right back at the same place only $$$$ poorer.
Along with a boss that is all over my axx because i cannot generate the reports he needs now.

well color me stupid, it failed like everyone else, but after trying to reinstall, etc, panic set in. so i removed v21 purchased v22, installed v22 and right back at the same place only $$$$ poorer.
Along with a boss that is all over my axx because i cannot generate the reports he needs now.
Download and install build 40, and you should be up again.

I'm afraid that build 40 produces "The activation key xxxx...xxx does not correspond to version 22.0." when I enter the activation key that I received a few months ago.

I tried the "Computer Bound Key" that was generated today and it produced "The activation key xxxx...xxx was not found on the license server."

David

I'm afraid that build 40 produces "The activation key xxxx...xxx does not correspond to version 22.0." when I enter the activation key that I received a few months ago.

I tried the "Computer Bound Key" that was generated today and it produced "The activation key xxxx...xxx was not found on the license server."

David
Send your activation key to [email protected] and I'll check it on this end.

I thought it was the license dll, but it turned out to be something worse - the Symantec code signing certificate is failing to authenticate (as of mid-afternoon today). I have a patched v22 uploaded already; v21 will be coming shortly. I don't know yet if the problem is on Symantec's end or Microsoft's.
Thanks for fixing the problem (relatively) quickly. Much appreciated.

Had same problem; installed 22.00.40 tcc; got "does not correspond to version 22.0" for my previously used v22 activation key. Read this thread; installed 22.00.40 tcmd over tcc. I'm still on trial, and registration attempts via both tcmd and tcc "option" produce "does not correspond to version 22.0". any suggestions ?

So this event was a nasty shock to me, I believed it only phoned home during registration.

it seems TCC phone's home regularly .. tell me, how often does it do this? .. and if something goes wrong it breaks my system: is that a good summary? If so then clearly it's not fit for the production system I've been using it for, I can't afford for my systems to come to a halt because the phone-home failed.

So this event was a nasty shock to me, I believed it only phoned home during registration.

it seems TCC phone's home regularly .. tell me, how often does it do this? .. and if something goes wrong it breaks my system: is that a good summary? If so then clearly it's not fit for the production system I've been using it for, I can't afford for my systems to come to a halt because the phone-home failed.

TCC does not "phone home" at any time except during registration. This issue was with the Symantec code signing.

Er, so if TCC didn't phone homewhat broke my (and everyone else's) system? SOMETHING 'phoned home' otherwise these systems wouldn't have broken.

Whether or not TCC did the phoning SOMETHING did and broke TCC, and I'm still none the wiser as to the 'who' and 'what'.

Er, so if TCC didn't phone homewhat broke my (and everyone else's) system? SOMETHING 'phoned home' otherwise these systems wouldn't have broken.

Whether or not TCC did the phoning SOMETHING did and broke TCC, and I'm still none the wiser as to the 'who' and 'what'.

No, TCC broke because the code signing certificate failed verification (no network access involved) at startup.