Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Still can't get DEBUGMONITOR to work

Jan
Take Command/TTC version 25.

I've seen previous (very old) posts here regarding the use of DEBUGMONITOR. Apparently some bugs were fixed that prevented the associated command from working. However, I cannot get it to work. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how it's supposed to operate.

I've tried many variations, e.g.:

DEBUGMONITOR FOREVER echo %_outputdebugstring%
DEBUGMONITOR FOREVER echo %_outputdebugstring
DEBUGMONITOR FOREVER echo Hello
DEBUGMONITOR FOREVER start calc
DEBUGMONITOR FOREVER msgbox OK TCC

None of the commands seem to be acted upon when I run a program I know outputs using OutputDebugString (and verified with DebugView). I am running TCC with elevated permissions if that affects anything.

Note that the environment variable _outputdebugstring is seen, as the last emitted string.

What am I doing wrong?

[ Also, the docs for DEBUGMONITOR incorrectly refer to ASSOCIATE in the options section ]

Since you're using v25, you should post in the "Support" forum. I couldn't get DEBUGMONITOR to work.

My apologies. I thought this group was for support of TTC and/or TCC-LE. I took "TCC/LE" to mean both. I'll re-post in a more appropriate area. Thanks!

No worries, and I apologize if that sounded snarky — I didn't mean it to. TCC/LE is specifically the freeware, unsupported version.

Back