Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Status line syntax help

Feb
I just upgraded from 4NT to TCMD 11 - first time I've used TCMD. At the bottom of the "Help: Take Command and TCC Integration" help page there is the note:

"Syntax Messages:
Take Command will display the syntax for TCC internal commands on the status bar ... "

Not working on my installation. I found nothing searching the forums.

use this ? at the prompt
or querybox /?
any valid command with "/?" append to end will display its usage

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 1:59 PM
Subject: [Support-t-1729] Status line syntax help

>I just upgraded from 4NT to TCMD 11 - first time I've used TCMD. At the bottom of the
>"Help: Take Command and TCC Integration" help page there is the note:
>
> "Syntax Messages:
> Take Command will display the syntax for TCC internal commands on the status bar ... "
>
> Not working on my installation. I found nothing searching the forums.

I just upgraded from 4NT to TCMD 11 - first time I've used TCMD. At the bottom of the "Help: Take Command and TCC Integration" help page there is the note:

"Syntax Messages:
Take Command will display the syntax for TCC internal commands on the status bar ... "

Not working on my installation. I found nothing searching the forums.

It works for me. Only the first line of help is shown in the status bar; it appears when you type a space after the first word on the command line. To see the rest of the command's help, put the mouse pointer on top of the status bar for a second, and you'll get a popup tooltip with the complete quickhelp.

Of course, none of this will happen if you're running TCC in a standalone console window, or if you have the status bar turned off (it's in the View menu.)