Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

start /wait /pgm "program name" ^ ketstack n/w

Apr
I have:

start /wait /pgm "%ePr" ^ keystack alt-n alt-f "%cPFC" alt-o alt-n alt-n end up alt-n enter /W5400 alt-x

where %ePr and %cPFC are correct. However keystack isn't feeding the keys correctly to %ePr. Any thoughts?

You may need to ACTIVATE the appropriate window before using KEYSTACK.

I have:

start /wait /pgm "%ePr" ^ keystack alt-n alt-f "%cPFC" alt-o alt-n alt-n end up alt-n enter /W5400 alt-x

where %ePr and %cPFC are correct. However keystack isn't feeding the keys correctly to %ePr. Any thoughts?
If TCC is waiting for the program to exit, the KEYSTACK won't be executed until the program has finished. See that with a simple example:

Code:
start /wait notepad & beep

You don't get a beep until you close notepad. Run the KEYSTACK first with a sufficient delay (/W) so that the program is up and running when the keys are sent. This starts notepad and puts an 'e' in it.
Code:
keystack /w54 e & notepad

Thank you Vince - the problem was not feeding the keystrokes before the STARTed program.

One other question about this keystack BTM. Is there a limit to the number of keystrokes that can be fed to a program? I have this in the BTM:

keystack /W500 alt-n alt-f "%cPFC" alt-o alt-n alt-n end up alt-n enter /W5400 alt-x

Where %cPFC is a 60 char full filename - including path.
It seems to work until the third alt-n.