Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

START /DESKTOP

May
I think I mentioned before ... "START /DESKTOP=desktop" just doesn't work. It starts the app on the current desktop in both v13 and v14.

And the "Options" section of START's help page has "/D" for both the startup directory and the startup desktop.

And START's quick help shows /DESKTOP in the syntax but does not describe it later (it's the only option not described later).

I think I mentioned before ... "START /DESKTOP=desktop" just doesn't work. It starts the app on the current desktop in both v13 and v14.

Not reproducible here. What's the exact contents of your command line?

And the "Options" section of START's help page has "/D" for both the startup directory and the startup desktop.

Fixed in build 16.

And START's quick help shows /DESKTOP in the syntax but does not describe it later (it's the only option not described later).

WAD. It's one of (at last count) 37 obscure command options that are not (and will never be) listed in the quick help.

Not reproducible here. What's the exact contents of your command line?

Code:
v:\> desktop /c newdt

[after returning to the default desktop]

v:\> start /desktop=newdt notepad

Notepad starts on the current (default) desktop.

START /DESKTOP works now but I'm having no luck with desktop names that have spaces (tried quoting). Sysinternals's "Desktops" creates such names.