Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Standalone installer problem

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
May
Staff member
After upgrading to build 60 using the standalone installer, attempting to start either TCMD.EXE or TCC.EXE gives a popup message box about a missing DLL, VirtualizerSDK32.dll. Uninstalled and reinstalled; uninstalled, deleted all remaining .EXE and .DLL files in my Take Command directory, redownloaded and reinstalled; no dice. I think that the standalone installer contains a damaged build. (32-bit; I have not tried the 64-bit.)

Upgrading through the 'Check for Updates' feature did work, though of course I had to drop back to build 59 again to do that.

After upgrading to build 60 using the standalone installer, attempting to start either TCMD.EXE or TCC.EXE gives a popup message box about a missing DLL, VirtualizerSDK32.dll. Uninstalled and reinstalled; uninstalled, deleted all remaining .EXE and .DLL files in my Take Command directory, redownloaded and reinstalled; no dice. I think that the standalone installer contains a damaged build. (32-bit; I have not tried the 64-bit.)

Upgrading through the 'Check for Updates' feature did work, though of course I had to drop back to build 59 again to do that.

There's only one installer; there isn't any "standalone" differentiation.

Did you download from the FTP site? (That gets uploaded last; possibly you got it when it hadn't finished with the upload.)

Did you download from the FTP site? (That gets uploaded last; possibly you got it when it hadn't finished with the upload.)

Yes, I usually grab them from the FTP site. I don't think that's the issue -- I downloaded it twice, and got the same file both times.

But if no-one else has this problem, then it must be me....

| Did you download from the FTP site? (That gets uploaded last;
| possibly you got it when it hadn't finished with the upload.)

I got it from FTP site and starting the new build failed exactly as others . Repeated download and now it works. Maybe you should not announce that a new build is available, or make new files hidden on the FTP site until all uploading is finished and verified?
--
Steve