Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fixed Stand-alone TCC 14.02.43 hangs before TCSTART

May
On my 32b WinXP Pro SP3 system I downloaded the new build 43 from the FTP site, and executed it to install it. On my 32b WinXP Home SP3 system I used option -> update to install it (more than doubling my measured internet usage). On both systems B43 starts, displays the version message, and HANGS. No .GPF is created. I used an older TCC version to kill the hung instance. I added a MSGBOX command to my TCSTART.BTM to indicate that TCSTART is executed (onl on the XP Pro system). MSGBOX is never displayed.

No such hassle in prior builds or versions for as long a I can remember.

The non-default things in my environment:
1/ ALL .INI files for TCC are "read only"
2/ location and name of .INI file explicitly specified in the .LNK file
3/ location of TCSTART.BTM explicitly specified in the .LNK or the .INI file
4/ .INI has an INCLUDE directive
5/ The SHRALIAS.EXE which is already loaded when attempting to start TCC.EXE is a special version from Vince Fatica which works with 4NT V6 and all subsequent 4NT/ TCC versions (up to 14.02.41).

We do not support installations from the ftp site.

I doubt that it's a generic TCC bug, since we've had 561 14.02.43 downloads so far and you're the only one reporting a problem. Nothing changed in the startup code in 14.02.43.

The first thing I'd do is uninstall, download the current build from the web site, and reinstall.

Does TCC run if you start it from a CMD session?

Does Take Command start successfully?

We do not support installations from the ftp site.
One system I used option -> update, behavior identical to FTP site download.
I doubt that it's a generic TCC bug, since we've had 561 14.02.43 downloads so far and you're the only one reporting a problem. Nothing changed in the startup code in 14.02.43.

The first thing I'd do is uninstall, download the current build from the web site, and reinstall.
Will do next.
Does TCC run if you start it from a CMD session?
No, same problem.

Does Take Command start successfully?
TCMD14 and tabs for 4nt6, 4nt7, 4nt8, etc. open successfully. The tab for TCC14.02.43 hangs identically to starting th same TCC stand-lone.