Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? SendMail and SSL

Aug
Hi,

Code:
TCC  15.01.51  Windows Vista [Version 6.0.6002]
TCC Build 51  Windows Vista Build 6002  Service Pack 2
Registered to Joe Caverly - 1 System License

I am having a problem with SendMail. I have renamed my email name and password in this message.

Code:
which sendmail
sendmail is an internal command

I tried this;

Code:
sendmail /v [email protected] Test1 Test2
Connecting to mail server.
error during handshake[2]: 0x80090308
Failed to connect: error during handshake[2]: 0x80090308
Disconnected.
TCC: error during handshake[2]: 0x80090308

then this;

Code:
sendmail /v /SSL=2 [email protected] Test1 Test2
TCC: (Sys) The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.
 "SL=2"

Is it just me, or does sendmail not like the /SSL=2 argument? Not sure I really need it, though, since that option is already set in my TCMD.INI file.

Here's the email section of my TCMD.INI file;

Code:
MailServer=smtp.gmail.com
[email protected]
MailPort=587
MailUser=me
MailPassword=mypassword
MailSSL=Yes
RLocalPort=0
SHLocalPort=0
SSHPort=22
SSLStartMode=0
SSLPort=587

I have no problem sending email using PowerShell;

Code:
$EmailFrom = "[email protected]"                                                                 
$EmailTo = "[email protected]"                                                              
$Subject = "Hello."                                                                            
$Body = "Test Message."                                                                           
$SMTPServer = "smtp.gmail.com"                                                                     
$SMTPClient = New-Object Net.Mail.SmtpClient($SmtpServer, 587)                                     
$SMTPClient.EnableSsl = $true                                                                      
$SMTPClient.Credentials = New-Object System.Net.NetworkCredential("me", "mypassword")    
$SMTPClient.Send($EmailFrom, $EmailTo, $Subject, $Body)

Must be something simple that I am not doing correctly with SendMail, so please feel free to point it out to me.

Thanks from Joe

Code:
TCC  15.01.51   Windows Vista [Version 6.0.6002]
TCC Build 51   Windows Vista Build 6002  Service Pack 2
Registered to Joe Caverly - 1 System License