Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saving TCMD and TCC Settings

Jul
Is there a way to backup / restore the settings [formats, colors, etc.] for TCMD and TCC?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

I suppose you could make a reg export of the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JP Software\Take Command 15.01" ... maybe also some regkeys of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console" (have a look in there). With a backup of TCMD.INI I think that's as thorough as you can be.

Hello Chuck,

I placed the important (to me) Option settings in my tcstart.btm file. Here is an example:

Code:
rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rem -- Set Color Syntax Highlighting
rem -- extension1 extension2:color;  ...
rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
option //ColorDir=^
  DIRS: Bri Red;^
  LOG TMP: Bri Green;^
  PL PY BAT CMD EXE BTM MSI:Bri Yellow;^
  TXT:Bri White;^
  TGZ TAR.GZ Z ZIP GZ BZ2 J RAR RAR1 7Z:Bri Cyan;^ e:Bri Magenta

rem -- Set FileCompletion mappings
option //FileCompletion=^
  rd:dirs;^
  cd:dirs;^
  cdd:dirs;^
  pushd:dirs;^
  rar1:files;^
  nuke:dirs;

This way, it's one place to keep and edit them. It also makes it transferrable to other computers should you use more than one.

Regards,

Fross