Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saving State

I am frequently getting TCMD into a certain state that I want preserved upon restart. For example - I might get 3 TCC prompts open with each one sitting at a certain path. Is there a way to save the current state of tabs, paths, etc., so they are restored upon startup? (I'm looking for a quick way to do this - whenever I want - not requiring me to go into the Options dialog and manually configure each tab.)

Thanks,
-Chris

I am frequently getting TCMD into a certain state that I want preserved upon restart. For example - I might get 3 TCC prompts open with each one sitting at a certain path. Is there a way to save the current state of tabs, paths, etc., so they are restored upon startup? (I'm looking for a quick way to do this - whenever I want - not requiring me to go into the Options dialog and manually configure each tab.)

No, there's no way to do this from TCMD. While it would be possible (with a *lot* of work) to add this feature for TCC tabs, it is impossible to do with any other apps (CMD, PowerShell, bash, etc.).

You could write aliases to save the state (to TCMD.INI) from your TCC prompts. (But they wouldn't be able to read or affect other TCC tab windows.)

Back