Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saving SMTP Changes in TCC13

Aug
When I make changes to the SMTP group in the Internet Tab of the Configure TCC dialog, changes are written to the TCMD.INI file, but are not recognized by TCC13.

In order to get TCC13 to recognize the changes, I must exit TCC13 (and TCMD13), and then restart TCMD13, upon which the changes are recognized.

VER /R produces;

TCC 13.00.13 Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
TCC Build 13 Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 3

echo %_ininame produces;

C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD13\TCMD.INI

Joe

When I make changes to the SMTP group in the Internet Tab of the Configure TCC dialog, changes are written to the TCMD.INI file, but are not recognized by TCC13.

In order to get TCC13 to recognize the changes, I must exit TCC13 (and TCMD13), and then restart TCMD13, upon which the changes are recognized.

The Help says: "Opens a dialog which you can use to change the TCC configuration. This dialog does not affect any existing TCC windows, only new ones. If you want to change the configuration of an active TCC window, use the TCC OPTION command."

And this is not new to v13.

Hmmm.... and I've been using since 4DOS v4. Was the Internet even around back then? :)

Just made a change, opened a new tab, and the changes are in effect.

Thanks for the reminder. I *really* should have known that.

Joe