Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Running one tab as Vista admin - ERROR

May
Folks,

I'd like to have 2 regular tabs in my TakeCommand setup, and one where I am running TCC as Vista administrator.

I can set it up alright - but when I launch TCMD after setting up the third tab as "Admin", I always keep getting an error "Access denied - AttachConsole".

This used to happen in TCMD 9.0.2 (Build up to 155), and now happens in 10.0 (Build 57) as well.

What's up with that? Can't seem to find much in the docs mentioning that setup..... any takers? Any ways to allow me to run both regular user tabs and admin tabs within one instance of TakeCommand?

Marc

Folks,

I'd like to have 2 regular tabs in my TakeCommand setup, and one where I am running TCC as Vista administrator.

I can set it up alright - but when I launch TCMD after setting up the third tab as "Admin", I always keep getting an error "Access denied - AttachConsole".

This used to happen in TCMD 9.0.2 (Build up to 155), and now happens in 10.0 (Build 57) as well.

It's a Windows limitation. Unfortunately Windows doesn't allow processes to share console windows owned by other users, so Take Command can't connect to the hidden console and display its contents in the TCMD tab window.