Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Revisiting WinXP for future versions

May
Rex:
I have not been to any medical or government facility which use either earlier or later versions of Windows than XP. In many cases it is because the computers are part of a system including long-life equipment, such as medical diagnostic equipment. I don't know what fraction of JPsoft business is derived from such sites. esp. those willing to upgrade to TCMD versions which have features supported only on post-XP platforms, so losing their business for V16 might make no perceptible revenue difference. I just wanted to bring the issue to your attention. Response not necessary.

I have not been to any medical or government facility which use either earlier or later versions of Windows than XP. In many cases it is because the computers are part of a system including long-life equipment, such as medical diagnostic equipment. I don't know what fraction of JPsoft business is derived from such sites. esp. those willing to upgrade to TCMD versions which have features supported only on post-XP platforms, so losing their business for V16 might make no perceptible revenue difference.

They number somewhere between a vanishingly small and nonexistent part of the TCMD user base.

When Microsoft ends XP support, JP Software will as well. There's no market for new XP software, and whatever user community is suicidal enough to keep running XP connected to the Internet without access to any further security updates is not something that I want to court or support! Whether they like it or not, XP sites are going to have to move to Windows 7 or 8 within the next year, or be rendered irrelevant (and largely non-functional).

Back