Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Problems to create new threads

Apr
hello,

I hope that this thread will pass.

I'm experiencing problems to post new threads; it seems to happen when I make a copy & paste from other sources of text. The effect is that when I click the Create Thread button the page is truncated about at half height, a small progressbar appears in the upper right corner of the page and it stays so forever.

Ok, now let's see if this message passes...

Firefox 32 bit with latest updates.

Salvatore

I have just tried to create a new thread posting few text the first time and adding more with subsequent editings. The web page hangs when I try to post the changes (editing).

Now I will try to post a new thread using IE.

Firefox 32 bit latest version.

S.

just tried to post a new thread (not so lengthy and containing also typical text used in batch files) using IE 10 and the problem is the same. The web page hangs forever. Anyway, also this reply has been posted using IE 10.

S.

Not reproducible here. (We get very large posts here.)

Regardingyour (deleted) bug report--it is not a bug. The problem is with the ( and ) characters in your variable name.

TCC allows variables with a Single leading % (CMD requires a leading and trailing %). So if you want to use variable names with special characters, you need to either use the TCC syntax %[varname], or set the CMD Variables=Yes option in your TCMD.INI.

Note that if you set CMD Variables, you Won't be able to run most third-party TCC aliases and batch files.

Regardingyour (deleted) bug report--it is not a bug. The problem is with the ( and ) characters in your variable name.

TCC allows variables with a Single leading % (CMD requires a leading and trailing %). So if you want to use variable names with special characters, you need to either use the TCC syntax %[varname], or set the CMD Variables=Yes option in your TCMD.INI.

Note that if you set CMD Variables, you Won't be able to run most third-party TCC aliases and batch files.
The variables with parenthesis in the name are standard Windows environment variables. Anyway I'd like to continue testing maintaining CMD compatibility. I'll try the setting that you suggested. Do I have to edit the INI file or do you mean the "CMD.EXE delayed expansion (!var!)" option?

S.