- Jul 29, 2011
I am a neophyte with respect to CMD files. I have inherited several large files that appear to have been poorly crafted, and was pleasantly surprised someone had created an IDE and debugger. While taking Take Command for a test spin, I observed the following:
- The tutorials provide an extremely brief introduction to the debugger.
- Searching the help file for "debug" produced no results.
- Searching the on-line FAQs for "debug" produced no results.
- Executing a prompt for a database instance name caused part of the response to appear in the prompt and part to be returned to the environment variable.
- I found no way to alter the value of an environment variable from the debugging session.
- If I select Debug/Jump to this line, thereafter, the highlighted line in the script display does not correspond to the line to execute.