Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Problem with Window "Take Command Help"

Aug
I know it was already discussed in the past,
but for me it is still annoying:
When I press F1 in a TCC window, the help opens with a squared window in the top-right corner.
I have to manually resize it and adjust the splitter bar (don't know the correct name).
I'll try to upload a hardcopy of my desktop.
My system runs with W7 Ent. X64 SP1 / MSIE 9.
Desktop:
Greenshot_2013-01-10_20-16-54.jpg
MSIE:
Info_2013-01-10_20-26-19.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated.

The Take Command help file (like nearly every other help file in the world) is a .chm (compiled HTML). So it's executed & displayed by IE; Take Command has no control over where it's opened or the initial size IE chooses.

However, it should only be a small box in the upper right corner the first time you invoke it. After that, IE will save the position & size in the registry. If you're seeing it on every invocation, you probably have something blocking your registry writes.

However, it should only be a small box in the upper right corner the first time you invoke it. After that, IE will save the position & size in the registry. If you're seeing it on every invocation, you probably have something blocking your registry writes.

Or possibly in "%appdata\microsoft\html help\hh.dat" . (You can try renaming or deleting this file to see if the problem goes away; HTML Help will recreate it automatically.)

Yahoo! Deleting hh.dat was the piece of advice I needed.