Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

problem with updating to build 41

Mar
I had installed build 40 in \program files\tcmd12\ and every thing was great. I tried updating to build 41 and it installed in \program files\jpsoft\tcmd12. And when I tried to execute it, I got the tcmd background but it said it couldn't find tcmd.exe. I eventually got it to work by duplicating stuff in the two directories. It wants some files from each it seems. I think this is a registry problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Any help?

I had installed build 40 in \program files\tcmd12\ and every thing was great. I tried updating to build 41 and it installed in \program files\jpsoft\tcmd12. And when I tried to execute it, I got the tcmd background but it said it couldn't find tcmd.exe. I eventually got it to work by duplicating stuff in the two directories. It wants some files from each it seems. I think this is a registry problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Any help?

First, was there a reason you chose to install in two different directories?

Second, when you ran the updater / installer, did you choose to remove older versions of TCMD 12.0?

Third, I don't understand what you mean by "I got the tcmd background but it said it couldn't find tcmd.exe". Do you mean it said it couldn't find tcc.exe?

Go to Control Panel, and go to the program uninstaller (which differs depending on which version of Windows you're running). Do you see two versions of TCMD there?

The simple way to resolve everything is to uninstall (both copies if you have both listed in the control panel) and reinstall build 41. (This will not remove your registration or configuration info.)

1. Just an oops by me I think.
2. Yes
3. I was the Tcmd screen but an empty tab and it did say it couldn't find tcmd.exe. Thought it wanted tcc.exe also.
4. I did use the CP to unstall all version of TCMD12 and tried again and got the same results. There was only one TCMD
As I said I got it to work but it still needs both directories

3. I was the Tcmd screen but an empty tab and it did say it couldn't find tcmd.exe. Thought it wanted tcc.exe also.

This is not possible. If you have the TCMD screen, it cannot have a problem finding TCMD.EXE -- unless you're (mistakenly) trying to run TCMD.EXE in a TCMD.EXE tab window (that cannot work -- you should be running something like TCC or CMD in a tab window).

4. I did use the CP to unstall all version of TCMD12 and tried again and got the same results. There was only one TCMD
As I said I got it to work but it still needs both directories

Also not possible unless you have something (like an existing shortcut or COMSPEC) that's pointing at the old directory. A TCMD installation has no dependency on anything other than the files in its own directory.