Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Problem with thousands delimiter and colors

Jan
Hello

After my new clean Win 10 Fall Creators Update installation (10.0.16299.19) I installed TCMD too again (latest version (21.01.58 x64).

I took absolute the same options as always. Nevertheless I have a (huge) problem now as you can see here:

tcmd-prob1.JPG

tcmd-prob2.JPG

tcmd-prob3.JPG

It looks like also different in TCC and even the colors are not the same ...

It looks like okay only in a real DOS console ...

What is here the problem?

Greetings
Alpengreis

Thanks, but no - I had and have the same font as before ...

IMPORTANT: this font works correctly in Win Command Prompt (see above) ...

AND if I switch to default font it's the same result ...

Addidionally, after some test settings (which I have set back then (at least the important things) in REGION and/or language of Windows, it seems I have a bit another result now as you can see here:

tcmd-prob4.JPG

so the non colored text ist now with an ARROW as delimiter ...

hmm ... maybe this has nothing to do with my changes ... however, I made a reboot too ... and I have still no problem in Win Command Prompt ...

Addidionally, after some test settings (which I have set back then (at least the important things) in REGION and/or language of Windows, it seems I have a bit another result now as you can see here:

View attachment 1723

so the non colored text ist now with an ARROW as delimiter ...

hmm ... maybe this has nothing to do with my changes ... however, I made a reboot too ... and I have still no problem in Win Command Prompt ...

EDIT: That was a Codepage thing, which is resolved now ...

That's crazy. I have still that problem. I can change all back to default, even for console and (direct over the tcc window) and I can also make this especially for TCMD (whitin TCMD), I have always this problem in TCMD and TCC and I can change all the fonts in the real Win Console Prompt and have NEVER this problem ...

For example: I can set the Win Console Prompt to Consolas or Lucida Console and can make this for the TCC window too AND within TCMD too ... same result ...

So, I have correct delimiters in Win Console Prompt and NOT correct with TCC with the SAME Font!!

Swiss German Windows (de_CH) with codepage 1252 (also tried with codepage 850 and 437 with same result) ...

And ... WHY have I then also the same incorrect display within TCMD TAB window? Maybe I do not understand this till now, sorry ...

Note also, that I had NOT this problem before clean Fall Win Update with the exact same setting ... (same fonts, same TCMD.ini setting etc.) ...

Oh, I have news, Rex!

If I set manually for ex. for TCC the thousand Delimiter from AUTOMATIC TO COMMA, then I HAVE a comma in TCC (after restart TCMD also in TCMD), that was NEVER necessary before.

Note also, that we (here in Switzerland) we have NOT a comma and also NOT a point, we have an APOSTROPHE (') ...

And last but not least: please not, that SWISS german is not the same as "normal" german, we have other setting even in such things then germany ...

So, there must be changed something in Win Update or in a Win config somewhere (I have checked MY setting which is correct) ...

As Workaround it would be enough for me, if you could add an option for manual set this thousand delimiter to an apostrophe sign (please check the 3rd screenshot above from Win Console) ...

aaaand of course, thank you very much for your time, Rex!

And what is with the colors, I have different colors in TCMD and TCC ... it's INCORRECT in TCMD only!

This is my color setting:
tcmd-prob5.JPG

SYSTEM:bright red; HIDDEN:black on bright white; RDONLY:bright green; ENCRYPTED:bright yellow; COMPRESSED:bright cyan; DIRS:bright white; exe com msi bat cmd btm:bright magenta

Even the ERROS messages are incorrect in TCMD, see here:
tcmd-prob6.JPG

Correct in TCC:
tcmd-prob7.JPG

And - as I said - also the other colors are incorrect in TCMD as you can see in screenshots in my 1st posting!

That is also absolutely a brand new effect since clean install of Win 10 Fall Creators Update.

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-12_16-52-48.png
    upload_2017-11-12_16-52-48.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 321
And what is with the colors, I have different colors in TCMD and TCC ... it's INCORRECT in TCMD only!

This could be caused by a couple of things - Windows could have changed the color palette for console windows, or you could be running ANSI in TCMD. If you're running ANSI in Windows 10, Windows has its own color palette for the ANSI colors.

TCC queries Windows for the current delimiter characters based on the current user's locale. Apparently Microsoft broke your locale with the latest update. For the next build, I have added the option to use an apostrophe as a thousands delimiter.
Thank you!

This could be caused by a couple of things - Windows could have changed the color palette for console windows, or you could be running ANSI in TCMD. If you're running ANSI in Windows 10, Windows has its own color palette for the ANSI colors.
Hmm, but it's correct in console windows related to my settings. And no do not run ANSI in TCMD and I do not run ANSI in Win 10 (ANSIWin10=No and legacy console is activated). For testing I activated the Win 10 ANSI and also the TCMD ANSI, makes NO difference. Only in TCMD it's incorrect always and always correct in windows consoles!

The easiest way to test: I set only the error msg color foreground=red background=black and voila it's incorrect already in TCMD ...

Of course I understand that this problem is highly probably also initiated through new Win Fall Creators Update and NOT through TCMD!

EDIT: I've found out that the colors are not REALLY incorrect but the "intensity" is somehow different; see here please:
tc-color-prob.jpg

left is TCC, right is TCMD ... unfortunately after upload you can't see the "full color effect" but it should be enough to see the difference.

I will investigate that a bit yet ... I'm not sure about the background which is also not the same intense dark in TCMD ... maybe this is somehow related to other DPI setting and/or other setting somehow. At least you should know it.

However: it's not a very big deal with the colors, but I thought you should know it ...

Last edited:
If you're not using ANSI, then it's highly probably that the issue is due to differences in your console color palette.

First, look in your TCMD.INI. If you have a section [ConsoleColors], then you've got a custom color palette.

Take Command will also query the GetConsoleScreenBufferInfoEx Windows API to see if a custom color palette has been defined for this console.

Just for info:

1) The apostrophe works perfect (If I delete my TCMD.INI before and let generate a new one, it works even with AUTOMATIC now (maybe related to my changed setting??) ...

2) ONE related color palette had indeed changed - I changed now to the old values and voila, TCMD shows now the same colors!

PS: For others with same problem, I use the following color palette now:

0 0 0
0 0 128
0 128 0
0 128 128
128 0 0
128 0 128
128 128 0
192 192 192
128 128 128
0 0 255
0 255 0