Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Problem with MkVer

Aug
I'm playing around with some plugins and have a problem with MkVer:

Code:
C:\Temp >ver /r

TCC  13.04.52   Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
TCC Build 52   Windows 7 Build 7601  Service Pack 1
Registered to ***********

C:\Temp >plugin
TCC: No plugins loaded

C:\Temp >plugin /l n:\!Admin\BIN\TCCPlugins\MkVer.dll
MkVer v0.92.1 loaded.

C:\Temp >echo %@mkver[vminst.log,4]
"C:\Temp\vminst-0001.log"

C:\Temp >echo %@mkver[vminst.log,4,1]
"C:\Temp\vminst-0001.log"

C:\Temp >echo %@mkver[vminst.log,4,1,_,#]
"C:\Temp\vminst_0001#.log"

C:\Temp >echo %@mkver[vminst.log,4,1,_]
All is working as expected, except the last try ( %@mkver[vminst.log,4,1,_] ) without "endstr".
At this point TCC crashes.

What I just downloaded shows me still version "v0.92.1".

What I just downloaded shows me still version "v0.92.1".

I'll bet your browser has a copy cached. Try forcing a reload of the page, or just copy it at the command line:

Code:
copy "http://www.unm.edu/~cdye/dl/mkver.zip"

Charles:
This plugin sorely needs examples of what it does. Other undocumented points:
- can the latest version be accessed (typed, executed, etc.) by the base name, or only by using its version code
- can older versions be used by base name and version code
- can all versions reside in the same directory, or do I need at least two directories (one for current version, another for olde ones)

Some of these issues might be plainly explained in Jim Millard's posts; if so a hyperlink would do the trick.

Charles:
This plugin sorely needs examples of what it does. Other undocumented points:
- can the latest version be accessed (typed, executed, etc.) by the base name, or only by using its version code
- can older versions be used by base name and version code
- can all versions reside in the same directory, or do I need at least two directories (one for current version, another for olde ones)

I'm afraid I don't understand your questions. The function just returns a unique filename; it works much like @UNIQUE, but it doesn't create an empty file. Using the filename -- creating the file -- is up to you. In most cases you'd simply COPY the original to the new name.

Some of these issues might be plainly explained in Jim Millard's posts; if so a hyperlink would do the trick.

See here.

I'll bet your browser has a copy cached. Try forcing a reload of the page, or just copy it at the command line:

Code:
copy "http://www.unm.edu/~cdye/dl/mkver.zip"
"MkVer v0.92.2 loaded." It is working fine, thank you.

Back