Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Portable Take Command installation for VDI environment

Jul
I.e., an environment that has neither a common host nor any easy way to tie an installation to a particular disk/volume. There is personalization that follows me around that does include files and registry settings, but from what I understand of TC licensing there is no common host (any particular login could go to any available host VM), and the personalization that does follow around does not have a distinguishable disk/volume that a licensing mechanism can distinguish. It's going to be a pain in the rear when every few days I get a different host VM and have to ask support to drop the previous activation and then re-activate on the new, unfortunately temporary, host. Or worse stop using TC. Given that i have to work in this environment (I'm one of the developers, eating our own dogfood), not having TC available after all these years is also going to be a pain in the rear. At some point USB pass-through may be possible and I could use a USB-stick install, but the environment is designed to let users install their own personal software if they wish so I'd rather do that. And yes, I can use free tccle, that's what I'm doing right now - but I'd still rather use TC.

Thanks, Rex, I figured that was the answer re a portable license. I'll deal with the un-/re-register problem, hopefully programmatically :)