Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OT: snippingtool.exe

May
Snippingtool.exe (Windows) ... who knows about it? It makes it really easy to get a pic of part of the screen ... start it, outline the region with the mouse and the snippet is in the clipboard!

It's the cat's pajamas ... a pic of a screen rectangle in the clipboard in about 5 seconds. That beats the heck out of my old way:

[Alt]PrintScreen ... mspaint ... paste ... select ... crop ... select all ... copy ... and sometime later, "net stop stisvc"

Yup, it's actually been around since Win7. I didn't find out about it until maybe a year of using 7, and I'm still telling people about it. Heh Two more features would be great: add text and print.

Yup, it's actually been around since Win7.
It's been around since Windows Vista, as I use it in Vista on a daily basis. One of those hidden gems.

Joe

I didn't; been using Alt-PrintScreen and PBrush. Thanks for introducing it.

Could just do START > Accessories and look what is there...

If you use MS Office OneNote, there's a built-in short cut to do the same thing.

If you use MS Office OneNote, there's a built-in short cut to do the same thing.

Wow.

I've been using Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 for many years, but never knew about that built-in shortcut.

Thankyou for that!

Joe