Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fixed Option Dialog Hangs when Using Help

Aug
I found a problem in the latest version of Take Command. Here are the steps to reproduce it:
  1. Open TakeCommand
  2. Execute the "option" command at the prompt
  3. Click the Help button
  4. Close the resulting help file
The option dialog will now say that it's not responding. The application has to be closed forcibly and restarted. Here's my version information in case it helps:

TCC 16.01.46 x64 Windows 8.1 [Version 6.3.9600]
TCC Build 46 Windows 8.1 Build 9600​

Is there a workaround or a fix for this? Thanks in advance!

I can recreate this -- in Windows 7 x64, and in Windows XP x86. Sometimes it takes a couple of OPTION / Help cycles before the Option dialog hangs.

It only seems to happen when TCC is running in Take Command, not when running in a standalone console window.

I can recreate this -- in Windows 7 x64, and in Windows XP x86. Sometimes it takes a couple of OPTION / Help cycles before the Option dialog hangs.

It only seems to happen when TCC is running in Take Command, not when running in a standalone console window.

I can reproduce it on one Win7/32 machine and not on another. When it happens, things are pretty screwed up. The "Close the program" dialog doesn't kill TCMD (must do it with TaskManager). Sometimes, after saying "Close the program" in that dialog, TCMD disappears and the OPTION dialog remains.

Aaaaand it's back. I'm seeing this behavior on three different machines. Two of which are not running XP.

Take Command has not been updated, so I guess it must be Windows.