Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

One character alias prevents completion?

May
I have an alias
e=*dir /A:
if I type e followed by a space and then I press [TAB] it shows nothing.
As a test, I added another alias
ee=*dir /A:
Now, if I type ee followed by a space and then I press [TAB] it completes names.
It seems that it is the same also for version 12.11 and that I never realized it.
Is it a wanted behaviour?

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

I found that if I type
e <space> [TAB]
it does not show files but directories.
When I wrote the previous message I was working in TakeCommand directory where I have only files.
If I add another alias
a=*dir /A:
it seems to work, so the issue is related only with alias "e"?

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti</space>

I have an alias
e=*dir /A:
if I type e followed by a space and then I press [TAB] it shows nothing.
As a test, I added another alias
ee=*dir /A:
Now, if I type ee followed by a space and then I press [TAB] it completes names.
It seems that it is the same also for version 12.11 and that I never realized it.
Is it a wanted behaviour?

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

This works for me

e*psilon=c:\epsilon\bin\epsilonc.exe

I type the single character e and it starts EpsilonC.

Harvey

I did some other tests, and I found that even if
I unalias e
I type e <space> [TAB]
it completes only directories, not files
So, is the single letter e at the beginning of the line handled in a special way?

It is possible that it is described in the manual, but I could not find a anything.

Thank You very much again and regards

This works for me

e*psilon=c:\epsilon\bin\epsilonc.exe

I type the single character e and it starts EpsilonC.

Harvey
I apologize if I did not explain what I meant.
I did not mean the completion of the alias itself, but of names that should appear on the command line.
If You type the letter e, followed by a space, and then press [TAB], it should show files and directories that are in Your current directory, one per time.
Does it work for You?

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

I apologize if I did not explain what I meant.
I did not mean the completion of the alias itself, but of names that should appear on the command line.
If You type the letter e, followed by a space, and then press [TAB], it should show files and directories that are in Your current directory, one per time.
Does it work for You?

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

It seems that if I type ANY single character followed by a space and then press TAB it shows the files in the current directory, one for each time I press TAB.

Harvey

12.11.76 x64 Windows 7 does not behave that way for me. It appears to work as expected.-- Sent from my HP TouchPadOn Sep 12, 2011 9:25, Rodolfo <> wrote: I did some other tests, and I found that even if
I unalias e
I type e <space> [TAB]
it completes only directories, not files
So, is the single letter e at the beginning of the line handled in a special way?

It is possible that it is described in the manual, but I could not find a anything.

It seems that if I type ANY single character followed by a space and then press TAB it shows the files in the current directory, one for each time I press TAB.

Harvey
In my case it works for other single character, BUT NOT for "e".
Does it work for You for e?

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

I am ashamed! I had added an option in the completion section so that e completed only dirs (the same that I have for rd, for example)!
Sorry for wasting Your time!

Rodolfo Giovanninetti