Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Obtain current colors

Apr
I feel I might be missing something very obvious here, but I can't work out how to find out the current colors, assuming it is possible so to do.

First of all, this is without using ANSI. I can set StdColors in TCMD.INI, then echo %@option[stdcolors] returns that value. So far so good. If I then issue a color command, for example "color bright yellow on black", all subsequent output uses those new colors, but %@option[stdcolors] still returns the value from the INI file.

The internal variables %_fg and %_bg return the colors at the cursor position, but those colors are not necessarily what has been set by the color command.

I've searched the help, but I can't find any variables or functions that can tell me which colors are going to be used the next time something is written to the screen.

Can it be done? Is there are way of finding out the last values that were set by the color command?

Thank you Rex, I suspected that it might not be possible but wondered if I was overlooking something.