Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Observations following recent upgrade to TC13

Nov
Hi-

I've been using your products sine the old 4Dos days and just upgraded to TC13.

* I noticed my 4start.btm file was not copied from the previous versions directory. Intestingly, the aliases from the previous version 4start.btm file were actually available in TC13, so I guess thats a good thing...

* Also, during install/upgrade, clicking on "Remove Older versions" didn't seem to remove them. I had to manually uninstall and delete the old subdir and files.

* I have found that files cannot be copied into the TC13 directory unless I "run as administrator". Its a nuisance, but I can live with it as rarely as this is needed.

* I prefer to use a plain shell, no windows, no directory trees, no searches, no tabs. Luckily I found that simply changing the TC13 ocin properties to use tcc.exe instead of tcmd.exe does what I need. I tried, but was unable to locate any help/info regarding this.

* There is no reference to the 4start config file in the TC13 online help.

This is not a problem/complaint, just feedback...

ron

* I noticed my 4start.btm file was not copied from the previous versions directory. Intestingly, the aliases from the previous version 4start.btm file were actually available in TC13, so I guess thats a good thing...

WAD. The autostart / exit files are now named "TCSTART", not 4START.

* Also, during install/upgrade, clicking on "Remove Older versions" didn't seem to remove them. I had to manually uninstall and delete the old subdir and files.

WAD. "Remove Older Versions" only refers to older builds of the same major version.

* I have found that files cannot be copied into the TC13 directory unless I "run as administrator". Its a nuisance, but I can live with it as rarely as this is needed.

This is Windows (presumably you're running Windows 7?), not Take Command. Windows will not allow any non-admin account to write to the root or some subdirectories, such as "\program files", "\windows", etc.

* I prefer to use a plain shell, no windows, no directory trees, no searches, no tabs. Luckily I found that simply changing the TC13 ocin properties to use tcc.exe instead of tcmd.exe does what I need. I tried, but was unable to locate any help/info regarding this.

See "Starting TCC" in the help.

* There is no reference to the 4start config file in the TC13 online help.

See "TCSTART and TCEXIT" in the online help.

Back