Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Newbie help please

Jan
Hi to all

I repair PCs so am mainly hardware based. Obviously I am familiar with software and can use very basic batch files e.g. registering multiple regsvr32 files etc.

Sometimes I wish I could write a simple batch file to automate printer set-up i.e. default printer, preferences etc.

I know that is easy to do for most PC users but I do a lot voluntary work (I'm currently out of work) for the elderly and disabled (mental and physical) and these people find these tasks hard. I try sometimes to talk them through it on the phone but even then it can be tricky. I considered remote support but even that is tricky for them.

Because I do not have an income I can't really afford the full version of Take Command so I am use the TCC_LE version.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or will I need to get the full licence.

Cheers and thanks in advance

Changy

I repair PCs so am mainly hardware based. Obviously I am familiar with software and can use very basic batch files e.g. registering multiple regsvr32 files etc.

Sometimes I wish I could write a simple batch file to automate printer set-up i.e. default printer, preferences etc.

I wrote this for my own nefarious purposes, but it might be useful to you:

unm.edu/~cdye/plugins/printerstuff.html

It'll handle installing, creating, and deleting printers, and setting the default printer. I never got around to saving/loading preference files though; could probably revisit it in the next few weeks if it's important to you.

I wrote this for my own nefarious purposes, but it might be useful to you:

unm.edu/~cdye/plugins/printerstuff.html

It'll handle installing, creating, and deleting printers, and setting the default printer. I never got around to saving/loading preference files though; could probably revisit it in the next few weeks if it's important to you.

Wow!
Charles, that could be interesting for me, too.
I just reviewed the functions and that sounds great.

I will test it as soon I have time.

regards
Frank

Back