Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New thread emails

May
Below is (verbatim) the first part of an email notice I got announcing a new thread. Missing are the author's name, the forum name, and the message text.
Code:
vefatica,

posted a new thread in your watched forum "" at Take Command and TCC/LE - Windows command processors.

"Kind of a out-of-curiosity question re. the "Function" command..."

This is the message they posted:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
{message}

To view this thread, click here:

Below is (verbatim) the first part of an email notice I got announcing a new thread. Missing are the author's name, the forum name, and the message text.
Code:
vefatica,

posted a new thread in your watched forum "" at Take Command and TCC/LE - Windows command processors.

"Kind of a out-of-curiosity question re. the "Function" command..."

{message}

Can you send me a screenshot of that message? (It looks like you're viewing the text version, not the html version.)

Can you send me a screenshot of that message? (It looks like you're viewing the text version, not the html version.)

I'll do that the next time there's a new thread. Here's what notification of a reply looks like.

Code:
vefatica,

David Marcus replied to a thread you are watching at Take Command and TCC/LE - Windows command processors.

"Questions about @Assoc and @FType..."

----------
But, just out of curiosity, where is that documented? I'm pretty sure that Rex is just using the standard Windows "help engine", but I have no idea where that would be documented.
----------
The Take Command Help says, "The TCC help system (tcmd.chm) uses Microsoft's HTMLHelpViewer (HH.EXE) included in all versions of Windows." Microsoft's documentation is far from perfect, but if I run the Windows Vista Help and enter "Help Viewer", the first result displayed is "Keyboard shortcuts". Clicking on this gives a page that includes "Windows Help viewer keyboard shortcuts". This lists Ctrl+F.

I uploaded a screen shot of what I see.
newthread.png