Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Network problem with TCC29

Jun
I just installed TCC29 Trial on a new Windows 11 Pro Mini Pc. Next I mapped a directory of my NAS to Windows drive Z and I see the contents of drive Z in Windows Explorer and can access it in a normal TCC session. But if I open an elevated TCC session, I get an error message when I trry to access drive Z. This problem does not occur with TCC22, which I use on other computers. What am I doing wrong?

Same here. Also with TCC v24. I can't go back any further.

Worked fine with elevated cmd sessions. No error messages.
I just couldn't believe in what happened with v29 so I removed it and installed an old v22 version and the problem is gone. Unfortunately v22 is already registered on 3 systems, so I only have a 30 days trial period left.

CMD is no better here (Windows 10). I doubt TCC has much to do with this.

This, from the article @Charles Dye mentioned, works here. Note that I'm using Windows 10, mapping drives manually with NET USE, and have only tested with local shares (\\localhost\share) because I don't have a second computer.

Detail to configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry entry​

1. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
  2. Right-click Configuration, select New, and then select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
  3. Name the new registry entry as EnableLinkedConnections.
  4. Double-click the EnableLinkedConnections registry entry.
  5. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 1 in the Value data field, and then select OK.
  6. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

I mapped a directory of my NAS to Windows drive Z and I see the contents of drive Z in Windows Explorer and can access it in a normal TCC session. But if I open an elevated TCC session, I get an error message when I try to access drive Z.
That's quite predictable.
Run `net use Z: \\path\.... /persistent:yes` in an elevated session.

This problem does not occur with TCC22, which I use on other computers. What am I doing wrong?
You did not mapped the disk in elevated session.
Run `net use` on both systems to see the difference.