Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Multi-Display Configuration

Aug
I have a three display configuration and I use TCC 14 for a lot of skripting things on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate.

I have not yet found a solution for that: I want to move a window (not necessarily the active one) but with a known title name from Display X to Display 2.

Is this possible?

I haven't tried it, but it seems like ACTIVATE /POS should do what you want. (Usually a second monitor will have X coordinates that are either negative or very large.)

I haven't tried it, but it seems like ACTIVATE /POS should do what you want. (Usually a second monitor will have X coordinates that are either negative or very large.)
It works. For example,
Code:
activate "%_wintitle" pos=1400,200,400,300
moved TCC to my second monitor (on the right, x=1280 to 2559).
But ACTIVATE POS(=left,top,width,height) is very, very hard to use. You must specify width,height (and who knows those?). Is there an easier way to simply move a window? Perhaps (if SetWindowPos() is used) when width,height is missing, the SWP_NOSIZE flag could be used.

It works. For example,
Code:
activate "%_wintitle" pos=1400,200,400,300
moved TCC to my second monitor (on the right, x=1280 to 2559).
But ACTIVATE POS(=left,top,width,height) is very, very hard to use. You must specify width,height (and who knows those?). Is there an easier way to simply move a window? Perhaps (if SetWindowPos() is used) when width,height is missing, the SWP_NOSIZE flag could be used.

See %@WINSIZE and %@WINPOS. It would be trivial to define an alias.

See %@WINSIZE and %@WINPOS. It would be trivial to define an alias.
Yeah, I had a look at @WINSIZE. It gives height,width; POS needs width,height. I suppose that'll roughly double the length of an alias.
And while ACTIVATE may need the window caption quoted, @WINSIZE can't deal with a quoted caption.
This works but I wouldn't call it trivial.
Code:
v:\> alias movewin `activate %1 /POS=%2,%3,%@word[1,%@winsize[%@unquote[%1]]],%@word[0,%@winsize[%@unquote[%1]]]`

thanks a lot to all. this helped me a lot. I now use a combination of START and ACTIVATE with MAX/MIN that opens my windows, moves them and puts them to the size that I want.