Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Missing thread

May
I received by email a new thread posted by Klaus Meinhard titled "Rename Problem". Following either the title link or the "View this thread" link in the email brings me to the "What's New" webpage, with no new threads listed. Is this the result of the author cancelling his own posts? Just curious to know what happened...

I received by email a new thread posted by Klaus Meinhard titled "Rename Problem". Following either the title link or the "View this thread" link in the email brings me to the "What's New" webpage, with no new threads listed. Is this the result of the author cancelling his own posts?

Yes, I think so.

I thought it was decided not to permit such action as anyone receiving posts (cf. finding them by browsing) would not be notified and may waste both one's own time and energy browsing for it as well as the server's resources. Receiving a message informing of the cancellation would waste less of my own time...

Deleting your own posts is perfectly fine, but it would be much nicer if notification were sent to those readers to whom copies have already been sent. Same about modifying your own posts. Just let me know what happened (instead of being forced to guess when I am not able to find a post by clicking on the embedded links.

Sorry I caused a mess. But while copying the necessary info from Take Command to my forum message, I found the bug, as usual sitting right there before the screen :-)

As I wrote, my point is not the removal of the thread, iit's the lack of notification thereof (though XenForo might not support it).

Deleting your own posts is perfectly fine, but it would be much nicer if notification were sent to those readers to whom copies have already been sent.

That is not technically possible.

Remember, XenForo doesn't even support the email notifications of new messages -- that required substantial modifications to the XenForo code. Generating notifications on deleted messages would require major modifications of other XenForo (unpublished) source code.

Ai I wrote, I suspected that XenForo might not support such notifications. This is just another "grin and bear it" issue. I'd rather have (thankfully) what Rex already made available than nothing. I'll let the issue rest.