Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Memory leak (?) in @SMPEEK

May
When this has run for a few seconds (thousands of iterations)

Code:
set h=%@smopen[1024,sm1]
do forever ( if "%@smpeek[%h,0,1]" NE "0" echo foo )

TCC's memory use has increased by 3-4 MB and these start showing up in the console.

Code:
TCC: (Sys)  "%@smpeek[536,0,1]"
Usage : IF [/I] [NOT] condition [.AND. | .OR. | .XOR. [NOT] condition ...] command

and the DO loop cannot be halted with Ctrl-C.

When this has run for a few seconds (thousands of iterations)

Code:
set h=%@smopen[1024,sm1]
do forever ( if "%@smpeek[%h,0,1]" NE "0" echo foo )

TCC's memory use has increased by 3-4 MB and these start showing up in the console.

Code:
TCC: (Sys)  "%@smpeek[536,0,1]"
Usage : IF [/I] [NOT] condition [.AND. | .OR. | .XOR. [NOT] condition ...] command

and the DO loop cannot be halted with Ctrl-C.
As a comparison, there does not seem to be a memory leak when I do this:
Code:
do forever ( if "%@smread[%h,0,a,4]" NE "" echo foo )

This eventually fails also:

Code:
set h=%@smopen[1024,sm1]
do forever ( echo %@smpoke[%h,0,4,0] )

Also, HELP @SMOPEN (or any other @SM function) fail; likewise, HELP F_SMOPEN style also fails.
HELP file: 2012-05-15 22:44:18 4,165,242 160CA31D tcmd.chm
TCC 14.00.14 Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

Is it possible for @SMOPEN to reference the shared memory tables already created by SHRALIAS, and if so, what are the names of the alias,function, command history, and directory history shared memory areas?

Is there a method to enumerate the names and sizes of existing shared memory blocks?

Is there a method to to list the open shared memory handles?

If you run Process Explorer from SysInternals, you can view the names of the handles in use.

I created a named shared memory region of size 1024. I dumped the contents using this code:
Code:
do i=0 to 1023 (echos` ` %@convert[10,16,%@smpeek[%sm,%i,1]])

And monitoring the Working Set size of TCC.exe in Process Explorer, I see it grow by over 4K each time I run it.

Is it possible for @SMOPEN to reference the shared memory tables already created by SHRALIAS, and if so, what are the names of the alias,function, command history, and directory history shared memory areas?

There is no way I'm going to support that!

Is there a method to enumerate the names and sizes of existing shared memory blocks?

Not supported by Windows.

Is there a method to to list the open shared memory handles?

No.

Back