Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WAD Logging missing

Apr
LOGs are not updated if I use:

"C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD19_x64\tcmd.exe" /D "%L"

as entered in the registry.....

Be nice if it was changed to a

CD /D "new folder"

in the LOG....

Ok Rex. Is there a way to log the path passed to TCMD?

From an entry in the registry - as I said in my OP......

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\RunAs]
@="TCMD prompt here (&Admin)"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\RunAs\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\JPSoft\\TCMD19_x64\\tcmd.exe\" /D \"%L\""

Using Vince Fatica's PSET.EXE, I can get the TCMD.EXE command line with
Code:
PSET %_PPID

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\RunAs]
@="TCMD prompt here (&Admin)"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\RunAs\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\JPSoft\\TCMD19_x64\\tcmd.exe\" /D \"%L\""

It looks like you're trying to open a TCC window as admin. Shouldn't that be TCC.EXE instead of TCMD.EXE? And you would use CDD to change to the desired location.

I prefer to use TCMD and not TCC.

It allows me to rich click on a directory and select open with TCMD ( I have one as an admin and another as a non- elevated user).

What I would like is way to log the

CD /D "Directory path wanted"

command......

How would I use PSET since I would only want to log it when I passed a /D "Path wanted" command....?

It allows me to right click on a directory and select open with TCMD ( I have one as an admin and another as a non- elevated user).

command......

How would I use PSET since I would only want to log it when I passed a /D "Path wanted" command....?

Last edited:
F/u to my last post.

I guess the call to PSET would be in TCSTart.btm but I would not want the call to it to appear in the log...... Is there a way to have this not happen?

Similar to how * before any command will cause the command to run and ignore any aliases?

What's PSET and how would you use it? I might have had a PSET in SYSUTILS once upon a time, but it gave way to @PSET. I can't figure out how you'd use it.

I suppose TCC could figure out if TCMD is its parent, and, if so, use SYSUTILS's @PSTAT[] to look at TCMD's command line ... if it had "/D ..." make a log entry. But you'd be faced with the problems of multiple TCCs doing the same thing and of not logging those commands.

It allows me to right click on a directory and select open with TCMD ( I have one as an admin and another as a non- elevated user).

command......

I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding here -- the "TCMD /D" startup option has nothing to do with the "CD /D" command. "TCMD /D" tells TCMD to start the Explorer window in the specified directory. It doesn't affect the TCC console windows.

On the contrary, if I go to Start\Run and issue "g:\tc19\tcmd.exe /d <place>" my one and only default TCC starts in <place>. TCMD's COMSPEC is simply "g:\tc19\tcc.exe" and my TCStart.btm does not change the CWD. It would seem TCMD sets its CWD to the "/D" spec and TCC inherits it.

Yes, it might be an old version of PSET, but I found it again today at ftp://lucky.syr.edu/pset.zip .
The same information can be gotten with
Code:
%@pstat[%_ppid,c]

On the contrary, if I go to Start\Run and issue "g:\tc19\tcmd.exe /d <place>" my one and only default TCC starts in <place>. TCMD's COMSPEC is simply "g:\tc19\tcc.exe" and my TCStart.btm does not change the CWD. It would seem TCMD sets its CWD to the "/D" spec and TCC inherits it.

TCC only inherits it if (1) it doesn't override it in TCMD.INI, and (2) it doesn't override it in TCSTART. Regardless, it still never calls CDD /D, so there's no TCC involvement or potential for logging.