Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Log and foldermonitor problems

Jun
I'm just evaluating the trial version of TCC v13 to see if it makes sense to spend quite a lot of money to upgrade my somewhat outdated version of 4NT to TCC. So far I ran into 2 little problems I would need some help with:

1. Log files
At the beginning of a batch I want to store the current locations of the log and error log files, change them to a new location and restore them to the previous locations at the end of the batch. I find the current location of the log file with the help of %_logfile but how can I get the location of the error log?

With 4NT I could use 'log /e /w new.log' to change the location of both logs to the same file and start logging. Unfortunately it does not work this way any longer with TCC.

2. foldermonitor
Foldermonitor doesn't seem to survive the suspend state. When after a longer period of time the computer returns from stand-by or hibernate, the defined action gets no longer triggered on any changes in the watched folder(s).

It would be very kind if someone could offer a solution for my little problems. Thanks a lot in advance.

1. Log files
At the beginning of a batch I want to store the current locations of the log and error log files, change them to a new location and restore them to the previous locations at the end of the batch. I find the current location of the log file with the help of %_logfile but how can I get the location of the error log?

It doesn't seem to have an internal variable like _LOGFILE or _HLOGFILE, but you can pick it up with
Code:
%@option[LogErrorsName]

With 4NT I could use 'log /e /w new.log' to change the location of both logs to the same file and start logging. Unfortunately it does not work this way any longer with TCC.

I think that should be two separate commands:
Code:
log /w new.log
log /e new.log

Charles,

the %@option hint was very helpful. The disadvantage is that I would have to change dozens of 4NT btms to get the same log file handling I had with 4NT in TCC.

Do you have any clue how I could solve my 2nd problem (foldermonitor)?

Thank you very much for your help.